- It's pure, authentic psychedelic pop
- if you like really good, dynamic songs, incisive organ lines, bouncing
Mellotron, fat, dripping bass, rip snorting guitars, wasp-in-a-tin guitars, expressive drums and tight harmonies in widescreen stereo you should probably grab a copy of this. It's a proper record.
- '.....the real deal and the Galileo 7 has an honesty and directness that can't be fudged.'
- Crockford's songs, and the conviction of his performances are the key elements here though - these aren't the tentative doodlings of a sideman, but the confident outpourings of a born frontman who has had the grace and humility to allow others their time in the limelight before claiming his own moment or two. Top band too, with the Higher State's Mole on bass and great vintage organwork from Viv Bonsel providing able support. [Read More...]
- If you love the British sound, "False Memory Lane" is bread for your teeth
- An album that reveals the growth style of Crockford and Associates, engaged in a collection of songs that blend power-pop and garage-rock influences and a paisley underground psychedelia that takes spatial boundaries.... [Read More...]
- "...a thoroughly satisfying, brilliantly realized album."
- 2...crammed full of melodic Psychedelic Pop nuggets that are a worthy addition to the timeline and heritage of the best of great British Psych, Freakbeat, Garage Rock and Power Pop." [Read More...]
- ....you're going to get hooked on this album in someway.
- I don't think it's a stretch to say that if they were around in the 60's, they would of become one of those timeless names that everyone still praises to this day, some 50 years later. If you can't manage to find the vocals catchy, you're going to find something that gets stuck in your head, be it the riffs, melodies, the whole thing is catchier than herpes. [Read More...]
- A truly excellent record by a truly excellent band.
- "...the music is very good, and the band bristle with integrity, but above all the songwriting is not just excellent, but it contains the seeds of something that truly could turn out to be extraordinary within it" [Read More...]
- I loved the predecessor! I waited for it impatiently. I am not disappointed!'
- The first was a delicious discovery, although in line with the music which follows for more than thirty years. And the second does not lower the quality of its entire discography! [Read More...]
- Disco del Giorno 11-12-12: The Galileo 7 - Staring At The Sound (2012; State)
- 'The rest completes a perfect record in its own way, with the bucolic folk of Hiding From The Sun and the delicious Paradise, which seems to be extracted from a volume in the case of Rubbles series.' [Read More...]